
The first day of third grade I nearly passed out because I just had to wear my brand new velvet sweats to school despite the 100 degree temps and lack of air conditioning in the lovely Peruvian Park. A lot has changed since then. Today is my first day back at UVU and nothing dramatic has happened so far.. (keep your fingers crossed!) This is my second year at UVU and I really love it here. Its just a big high school. I can walk all the way across campus and never once step outside. Which is awesome in 2 feet of snow!
This year I decided to live at home and commute to school which is a little bit of a hassle but I'll survive. I ride the bus which is a lot better than it sounds. It takes a little longer than driving but it gives me a lot of time to study and I never have to drive in the snow! I have classes everyday but just in the mornings so I can work in the afternoons.
I am taking ASL, Geology, Astronomy, Ethics and Values, and Health. Its probably the most random mix of classes. Gotta love generals..
I am really excited for ASL, this is a pre - req to my major which is ASL and Deaf Studies. My teacher is deaf which makes it a little difficult to communicate. Luckily I have a little background in sign or I would be totally lost...
My Geology and Astronomy classes seem like snoozers but paying a couple grand to be there is one thing that is sure to keep you awake.
I'm excited for this semester. I think I have good classes and the potential to meet a lot of people since I don't have classes with anyone I know.. Once I get past the shock of buying textbooks I think it will be a great semester!
Now I just need to figure out how to fit everything into 24 hours.. Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment